Eliminates the dangerous job of unfurling, dropping and stowing the roller furling genoa in storm conditions to hoist a conventional storm jib. Since it is hoisted over the furled genoa, it provides many additional benefits over a conventional hank on or luff tape Storm Jib.
Hoisting over the roller furled sail results in great aerodynamic shape, much better than a conventional storm jib hanked onto a removable headstay or a partially furled sail, (which most of the time has not been designed or built for that purpose). It requires less halyard tension than a conventional storm jib since its luff pouch is supported by the wide forward part of the roller furled sail.
Hoisting is simple because the luff sleeve is fitted with oversized Wichard Hanks and webbed grommets. The sail slides up anddown easily because Dacron slides over itself very well. The next time you walk over a folded sail on deck, take notice of how slippery it is (but be careful!)
Published square foot size actually includes sail and luff sleeve.
- Top Quality Offshore Storm Jib Construction with Triple Stitching and Heavily Reinforced Corners
- Available in White with Orange Visibility Accents for Cruising or Solid Orange to Satisfy Racing Rule
- Eliminates the Need for a Removable Headstay
- Prevents Accidental Unfurling of Jib/Genoa
- Hoisted with the Spinnaker Halyard or Spare Jib Halyard
Actual sail working area is less.